Crafting a powerful and distinctive personal brand is a multi-stage process. It combines the essence of a personal business plan, traditional print and online marketing, and diligent maintenance and attention to public relations.
Creating a personal brand requires that you go through a 3 Step Process to determine your goals and build your brand. Completing each step is necessary in order to build a brand that shouts distinction.
1. The Foundation: getting to realize your values and abilities. This is an important first step. By taking the time to write out your goals and values you will be able to forge your identity in a way that is congruent to your values and abilities. This foundation will also help you determine how you differentiate from the competition. The big bonus here is that you get to clarify your passions and purpose and align that with a venture that can give you an abundant career and lifestyle. In this stage, we will look at what makes you tick.
1. What are your passions? What is your purpose in life?
2. Your unique characteristics, values, abilities and attributes
3. How do you differentiate from your competitors?
4. How can we personalize and specialize your business so that it reflects your values?
5. Who is your target market and what makes them tick?
6. How can you position your brand to your target market?
7. What is your unique selling proposition?
8. Crafting a personal story that the public can connect with you.
2. Communicating Your Brand: communicating your values and abilities. It doesnít matter how good you are if your prospective clients donít know about you. Here, you take the information from the self-assessment stage of the foundation and then start to create a visual identification that others can identify you with.
1. Creating a client communication system
2. What is your tag line or positioning statement?
3. Designing a unique and professional looking logo
4. Building a better personal brochure and other printed sales literature
5. Online strategies to build your brand
a. Building a personal web site
b. Writing articles, blogs and Ezine
c. Use of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
d. Building your data base: Opt-in pages, Thank you pages
e. Emails and use of Constant Contacts
f. Teleseminars and Webinars
g. Posting videos
h. Systemizing your online strategy
6. Writing a book
7. Creating products
8. Writing articles
9. Press Releases
10. Public Relations: Charity work
3. Brand Maintenance and Defense: consistent maintenance of your brand and defending it from attacks is never ending. In fact, the larger and more well known your brand, the more it's subject to attacks from those who may be envious of your position. It's unfortunate, but there's always someone out there who wants what you have.
2. Leveraging your assets
3. Systemizing your referrals
4. Hiring assistants
5. Dealing with Brand Missteps and Disasters
6. Always under promise and over deliver
7. Public relations
9. Maintain brand consistency
10. Always, always be marketing!
Personal Brand Coaching Program
Heather Meglasson, President
Charles "Hai" Nguyen, President
The Smarter Money Guy
"I have a lot of competition and creating a strong
brand was important
for me to survive and thrive. Raymond helped me craft a distinctive personal brand that helped generate recognition and sales. My business doubled
in one month!"
~ Mike Seiler,
President of TCT
Click here for a
If you have any questions, go right ahead
and type them below. Iíll send you an answer
to your email within a day or two.